July 30th, 2016 | TraumaResilience
Thank you for your interest in being part of The Center for Trauma & Resilience referral list of therapists. The Center has limited capacity to integrate new therapists who want to be part of the referral system. Currently, we have approximately 150 therapists in the database. We add new therapists three times a year, at the end of February, June and October.
At this time, we are seeking therapists who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- specific and demonstrated ethnic or cultural experience
- speak Spanish
- offer free consultations and a sliding scale to $40.
- accept Victim Compensation as full payment, accept Medicaid or other insurance
- male therapists
- offer home visits
The Center for Trauma & Resilience referral procedure works as follows:
- When a client requests referral to a private therapist, The Center for Trauma & Resilience will discuss the client’s needs and preferences in order to make an appropriate referral.
- After discussing needs and preferences, The Center for Trauma & Resilience gives the client three referrals based on the client’s preferences. The client then has the choice of following through on the referral.
Please return the Referral Agreement along with a copy of your license and proof of insurance. Upon receipt of the Referral Agreement, we will forward your name to the Department of Regulatory Agencies as part of our routine screening procedures and liability protocol.
At some point during the year, we will invite therapists new to our referral system to come and meet with The Center for Trauma & Resilience staff counselors. These invitations are optional, and are scheduled during our weekly counselors’ meetings so that the setting is informal.
We update address changes and other significant changes in the database as needed, and we encourage you to send us a note promptly when information needs to be changed.
If you have any questions, please use the contact form below. If you have questions about the financial reimbursement, please call the Victim Compensation Program at (720) 913-9253. Thank you for your willingness to help crime victims. You can download the Therapist Application Packet here.
Frequently asked questions from therapists:
- If I practice outside of the city of Denver, can I be listed in your directory? No, unless your practice offers a very unique specialization that is currently not being filled.
- We have numerous therapists in our practice; can we each be listed separately? No, you would be listed in our directory as a counseling center and all referrals would be made to your center.
- If I am registered as an unlicensed psychotherapist, can I be listed in your directory? Yes.
- What paperwork should be submitted with my application? Along with your completed application, you must submit a copy of your license and a copy of your malpractice insurance showing $1 million in coverage minimum.
- If I am being supervised by another licensed psychotherapist, can I be listed in your directory? Yes, but you still must be registered as an unlicensed psychotherapist with the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA).
- Do I need to be listed in your directory in order to be accepted for Victim Compensation payments? No. For questions about how to submit Victim Compensation paperwork, contact Denver Victim Compensation at 720.913.9253 or VictimComp@denverda.org.
- Can you increase the approved hourly rate that is accepted by Victim Compensation? No, our therapist referral database is for referrals only. We have no control over Victim Compensation payments or rates.
- What is the process to be accepted for Victim Compensation payments? Please contact Denver Victim Compensation at 720.913.9253 or VictimComp@denverda.org.
- I’m not getting any referrals; why? We provide interested clients up to three referrals based on a number of client preferences. It is solely up to the client to follow up on all referrals. There can be a number of factors that can affect the number of referrals you receive, such as race, ethnicity, language, fees, whether you provide a sliding scale, free consultation, office location or acceptance of insurance or Medicaid.
- If I do not have a minimum of two qualifying criteria, why can’t I be listed in your directory? Our therapist directory has more than 125 licensed therapists as well as numerous no-cost and low-cost counseling centers. In order to manage the size of the directory, we only accept therapists who are likely to receive referrals based on our clients’ needs.
- Where do I send my completed therapist application? Mail to The Center for Trauma & Resilience at PO Box 18975, Denver, CO 80218; fax to (303) 831-7282.
For questions about the Denver Crime Victims’ Compensation program administered by the Denver District Attorney’s office.
Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
Victim Compensation Program
201 W. Colfax, Dept 801
Denver, CO 80202
For general questions or to contact The Center for Trauma & Resilience please use the form below.